FastCap Forum

Please make a 16 foot, standard-reverse, flatback tape measure for woodworkers!

Twice I've gotten my hopes up purchasing one of your pro tape measures, and twice I've been disappointed. You come so close! Can you please make a flatback standard-reverse tape measure. That would be the absolute perfect tape measure for woodworkers. The non-curved matte finish blade of the Flatback tape measure is great in the shop where low contrast backgrounds and glare from bright lights are everywhere. It makes reading the rule and marking off your measurements on the work piece flawless. My problem is, I have the Flatback story pole which only has the rule on one edge of the blade. Extremely frustrating when I need to mark measurements below the blade. I then purchased the Old Standby model (which has markings on both edges of the blade) only to discover that it doesn't have the fractions printed on the blade like the story pole model does. Having those fractions makes reading the rule much easier in any light. But the absolute best feature is on your standard-reverse tape measure. It reads in both directions AND has fractions, but doesn't come in a flat back version.

90% of my tape measure use is for laying out and marking parts for building furniture and other woodworking projects. The features on your line of ProCarpenter tape measure come the closest to being useful in a woodworking shop (I love the fixed hook on the end of the flatback blades making their measurements always accurate), but alas you don't make a 16 foot, standard-reverse flatback model. That would be the perfect shop tape measure.

And by the way, thanks for asking. Not many manufacturers actually 'ask' for what we want.

I think it makes total sense! We are gonna do it!  Thanks!