FastCap Forum

Track Rack

Track Rack
« on: August 24, 2019, 03:08:01 PM »
Just received my new Track Rack and immediately installed it. Easy to install and fit my Festool track perfectly. My wishes for this product are as follows:

1. Either redesign it so that it will also accommodate your Best Fence track sections or make a separate one that does.

2. Consider making a double that will accommodate two track saw tracks (or Best Fence tracks) stacked on top of each other.

3. I could have installed it upside down so that the zero clearance edge strip on the saw track was not down against the bracket. Over time (especially in a warm climate) I think that storing the track with the strip facing down might damage (misshape) the strip. Not sure what I am asking here but just wanted to voice this observation.

4. Normally I would have just made my own brackets from wood but this product is so well made and so reasonably priced that it is a no-brainer!

Thank you for listening!

Re: Track Rack
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2019, 07:12:39 AM »
Excellent feedback. We will consider everything you're saying and suggesting!

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2019, 08:01:13 PM »
I watched one of your videos of a tour of your facility looking at the different ways that you use the Best fences in your operation. At one point Paul pointed out that the fence section was stored on the side of a work table by clicking it into some of the brackets (?) (adapter plate?) that it normally snaps into on top of a PAB. Could you tell me more about that ? Would it only work in a stationary position as opposed to mounting it on a garage door where it would ultimately be hanging horizontally and upside down?

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2019, 07:44:47 AM »
Only in a stationary position.